What’s the big idea?
California’s $294 billion creative economy creates one in ten jobs throughout the state. We must prepare ALL studends for success with a high quality arts education that teaches 21st Century skills for college and career.
Why should I go?
- Progress reports on CREATE CA’s Blueprint for Creative Schools and announcements about other exciting new arts developments for the state
- Creativity at the Core, free professional learning modules from the CCSESA Arts Initiative
- Special interest strands with sessions by expert facilitators for powerful professional learning around the arts and creativity in both education and business.
- Inspiring keynote speakers like Nirvan Mullick, documentary filmmaker of Caine's Arcade, and Yvette Jackson, CEO of the National Urban Alliance for Effective Education
- Exemplary student artwork and performances with frequent opportunities to celebrate our youth and hear their voice in a meaningful way.
- Networking to connect with a who's who of state arts organizations and artists as well as leaders in California's creative economy.
Sumit Vishwakarma, Caroline Mustard and Jeannie Mecorny will be speaking at the summit on the following topic:
Investment in Tech-Art Mashup to Boost California's Creative Economy : The rise of mobile technologies has redefined the way we consume, create and exhibit art. From the traditional practice of using canvas and oil paint, we can now create art on the fly on our tablets or smartphones with the help of a stylus pen and a set of digital painting apps. In this session you will learn all creating art on your smart devices