Delve Into Icolorama with Digital Artist Beth Grimm
Sunday, Feb 21 (1:30pm to 4:00pm PST)
Unleash the potential of iColorama for extensive artist creativity. We will touch on many skills that will serve you in your own further exploration of the app and creating art on your iPhone and iPad.
What you'll get:
Session 1: 45 minutes. We will use a wine glass image to work with, and a texture page with music on it, I will walk you through the first project using Effects, Blending, and Forms tools.
- But first you’ll learn how to gather your own images for what I call working, warping, and smooshing. I’ll show you a few before and afters so you can get excited about what the possibilities are.
- In Icolorama together we will take the texture file through some steps to prepare it to combine with the wine glass image and then test out some of the blend modes, and there are many.
- I’ll teach you how to save, apply, go back a couple of steps, and the rework an image. I’ll show you how to record your sessions and give you tips on what kind of images work well together and how to visualize a project.
Session 2 (45 minutes). For this session we will go back a few steps in Icolorama, reusing the music page image with the dancer.
- You’ll look for some different forms to combine with the dancer image.
- Then we will blend again.
- This time we will apply a brush mask to the final blend, choosing a brush and changing colors of the mask to create a frame, and use the text and text curve options to add text to the image.
If time remains, we will talk about making your own texture files using both Icolorama and procreate for the procreate users, and things like art paper, liquids, paints, or simple photographs of textured walls, sidewalks, and other things.
By the time this class is over, you will have a good grasp of what the possibilities are with Icolorama and a sense of a workflow that will help you retain what you learn every time you go into the app Icolorama.